Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of the Year

Times are crazy here, as we finish up 2009. I should be reflecting, remembering, and thanking people...and I hope I get it together enough to do that! For now, all I can do is post a brief update and a few sweet photos from our holidays. It's been a tough couple of weeks. We've all be pretty sick, and I broke a rib or two coughing. It's made for a very tough ending to this pregnancy. Avi has been particularly clingy, wanting lots of mama time. And who can blame him? In a month, he'll have a little sister- what a huge change! And he definitely knows it. Such a sweet, smart kiddo. But it's hard to be two (almost!) and face all these changes...

Some new info: (based on our 2 year appt. yesterday)

height: 36 inches (89%)

weight: 30 lbs (78%)

language development: that of a 3 year old (he is quite the chatterbox!)

brains: off the chart! :) The doc couldn't believe he could answer questions about colors, shapes, numbers, etc. She said we were truly in for it with this one. Such a fabulous brain, but still a 2 year old in terms of behavior. It's hard to remember sometimes, that just because he can talk rationally- doesn't mean he actually can rationalize like we do!

So all the bossiness ("Mommy- no talking to this person!" & "Daddy, play with me now!"), whining, and tantrums is to be expected. Thank goodness he really does balance it out with the sweetest displays of affection. Kisses, bear hugs, cuddles on the couch- all the norm with this guy. He loves to get massages ("Mama, up here- no up here!"), and climb on top of my giant tummy and give me a huge hug and kiss. He always ends a time out with a hug and kiss, and a sweet little "I'm sorry I _____."

All in all, the loveliest of bears. We lucked out with our baby boy. ("No baby! Avi big kid!") I hope our new addition adds a ton of love and joy to his life, and he settles in quickly despite all the anxiety and craziness.

No comments: