- He sings along with a ton of songs, and even makes out a lot of the words himself. He asks for "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga and the "Namo Song." (There was a boy who had a dog, and Lexi was her Name-o...) "Mama, sing the Namo Song?"
- He makes up his own songs now too! "Diaper Time" is a good one...
- The other day, I asked him a question. He answered, "I don't know!"
- If you sneeze, he'll say, "Mama bless you! Mama sneeze!"
- He knows about 15 body parts, and loves to count them. Today we asked him, "How many noses do we all have?" He answered, "1, 2, 3 noses!" (Mama, daddy, and his!)
- He makes jokes now, and really cracks himself up. He'll cough on purpose, and then say, "Mama- Deegan coughing?" (Deegan was coughing early in the week due to kennel cough.) I'll say, "No way- that was you!" And he'll laugh hysterically and run off.
- He immediately picks up new phrases now, too. Today we said, "Want to go to the farmer's market?" His answer: "Go to farmer's market!" Then he repeated it, once we got there.
On a positive note, today we had a break-through in understanding consequences! When Avi wouldn't stop fussing and and yelling for the park (we were still 5 minutes away), I turned to him and said, "Avi, you need to stop yelling or we aren't going to the park at all!" He stopped his broken record right away, stuck his thumb in his mouth, and was quiet until we got there.
Believe me, that was AWESOME! :)
1 comment:
Ahhhhh, 5 minutes of silence from a toddler. Precious moments to remember.
I love that age. It's so exciting, and kids say such funny things!!
Post a Comment