Monday, September 28, 2009

The Reign of Terror/Comedy...

This kid...it's never boring.

Some recent highlights:
  • During a timeout on a chair, he announced, "Sleeping in chair!" Then made snoring noises, and laughed hysterically at his own brilliance. (Great punishment, huh??)
  • Knocked over 50 bags of chips at the bagel shop, and then yelled, "No touch the chips!"
  • Stuck his tummy out, and said, "Avi big tummy! Baby sister in belly button?" and rubbed his tummy.
  • Yells and cries, "Avi drive car!" whenever we try to put him in the car seat. Very frustrating for everyone involved. Then at the park today, he got into a toy car and said, "Mama, get in the back seat! Avi driving car!
  • Lifted up my shirt and squirted juice all over my stomach. "Baby sister ____ drink juice!"
He also does the coolest stuff:
  • After that less than awesome timeout, I told him, "If you touch the dog's water bowl again, we'll do time out in the crib instead." His response, "No no. Bye bye water bowl. No touch, no crib."
  • After pitching a fit about me picking him up, I said, "Mommy's tummy hurts, sweetie. I can't pick you up, I'm sorry." He answered, "Baby sister hurt! No pick up." Then he held out his hand, so we could walk down the stairs together instead. (Stopped crying immediately!)
  • Taking a bath together, Avi said, "Three people in bath!" I asked him to count again (thinking it was just the two of us), and he pointed and counted himself, me, and his sister in my tummy!

No comments: