
Avi's prayers have been answered. We are definitely having a baby sister for him to play with! Yes, he's doing the downward dog, with green crocs on his hand. That's how we pray, in our house...
So yes, it's a girl! He came with us to the ultrasound, and absolutely blew our minds. He just "got it." How can a 20 month old get it??? But he did, like usual.
He spent the whole time pointing at her, announcing her (BABY SISTER!) and commenting on her head, tummy, hands, etc. Since then, he's been asking about her every day. Instead of just repeating what we say, he specifically pulls up my shirt and talks to her. He brings teddy over to kiss her. He even brings the phone over, and wants her to talk and push the buttons! He kisses her and pets her and says, "Baby sister ___ asleep!" (We're not quite ready to share the name yet...but Avi knows!)
It's a charming time. He's crazy into babies now, and we're hoping that continues! He's pretty cooperative, too. (Most of the time.) Not sure when these Terrible 2's are supposed to kick in, but he's actually able to be reasoned with much of the time! It's true, there's a lot of whining and repetition. (MORE TELEPHONE TRUCK? MORE TELEPHONE TRUCK?) And yes, tantrums do happen. But he seems to really understand consequences, and timeouts are rare and effective. He's remarkably good at moving on, even from a big meltdown!
And he's made this difficult pregnancy much easier than I expected. He's a cuddly little love sponge, and I am just enjoying this time with him so much. I can't help but worry about adding a new little one to our family. It's exciting and wonderful, but also a little scary. I'm trying to milk every second of my time alone with Avi now, because I know it will be completely different in a few months! Though I have a feeling he is going to be the best big brother in the whole world. He is a very kind child, very generous and sweet. I think she's going to be a lucky girl...
1 comment:
Baby Sister will be a VERY lucky girl to have you as her mama and Avi as her big brother!! And of course Zach for a papa. Avi is very sweet and nothing will change that! I can't wait to see him interacting with his sister, he's going to have so much fun, and so are you!!
Post a Comment