It's true. I've never felt so blessed. I've never felt so alive and lucky and loved. I'm surrounded by love, and yes my son is teething (AGAIN) and yes he was up at 5:00. And yes, I changed the most atrocious diaper, or tried to, as he twisted and turned and smeared everything all over everywhere.
And as I put him down for a nap a few minutes ago, I started to cry because he grabbed his teddy bear and said "mama" (for me? the bear?) and WOW that will never get old.
I'm surrounded by love. By my husband (the best dad on the planet), and my parents (who could ask for better?), my in-laws (basically a second set of parents- and that's true luck!), my extended family and friends...even our awesome dogs (who can walk on a leash now!) fill me with gratitude.
Our house is almost sold. In this market! It closes December 12th! And, if all goes well, the house we're buying closes on December 19th. And if all doesn't go well, we'll just find a different house. In a time where everyone is scrambling and panicking, our family just has to be careful. Instead of being terrified, we just have to be smart. How did we get so lucky? We're not only surrounded by love, we seem to be surrounded by blessings.
And my instinct is to say, "Knock on wood." Don't jinx yourself, right? But my son will continue to be a character, no matter what the market does. As will my husband. And my dogs. And I will continue to laugh my butt off, watching my life unfold, surrounded by these characters. Even if we're living in a cardboard box on the street. If we can laugh, we're alive and loving it.

I am so thankful. I could end up a church-going gal, if I'm not careful. I feel so blessed.
1 comment:
Hannah, I am thankful to have a friend like you. Each of our kids made an "I'm thankful for..." poster which is hanging in our kitchen with a handprint and their names.
Post a Comment