Thursday, October 30, 2008

BA!

We wondered if it was a fluke, Avi saying "BA!" when reaching for the bottle (sippy cup, actually) this past week.  He even mimicked us a couple of times, saying "BAH-DUH" after we slowly said the word for him.  But we didn't hear a peep for the past couple of days, and I thought maybe it was just him playing with sounds.  

Until today, when it all changed!

Today, Avi and I were house-hunting through Maplewood, NJ.  In case you hadn't heard the good news, our house in VA is under contract!  So cross your fingers that all goes smoothly, and we settle on December 12th!  Yay!

But back to what really matters:  Avi and I were house-hunting, and he was totally over it by the 4th house.  Really annoyed with me, and whining and complaining as I put him back in his carseat.  He really started to cry hard at that point, so I handed him a Baby Mum Mum.  (*note- Avi's favorite snack EVER!)  He looked at the Mum Mum, looked at me with a frown, and threw the Mum Mum back at me, yelling "BA!"  It hit me right away, what he wanted (and was clearly asking for)!  When I got him back to the house, he sat on the kitchen floor as I made him a bottle.

"BA!  BA!  BA!" while staring at me and reaching for the sippy cup.  As soon as he got his hands on it, all was well again with our little boy.

We've entered the age of language!

No comments: