
I'm so relieved to be home!

Look how strong my neck is now! No wobbles!

I missed my daddy...

Cool as a cucumber.
Well, Avi had his first airplane trip yesterday. He also had his first experience with: the long car ride to BWI, massive delays, a stop hold on the tarmac, more massive delays at Laguardia, a cancelled flight, an hour + taxi ride through NYC (including Times Square!), more massive delays at Penn Station, a 3 1/2 hour train ride home, and a 1:00 AM arrival time. All in all, it was about 15 hours of travelling, and we never even got to Syracuse!
Here's the kicker: Avi was a rock star! He handled the entire experience like a pro, with only a couple of rough moments. (That ticket line at Penn Station almost sent me over the edge too!) He also started doing a couple of cool new things, right at the airport. He started smiling at strangers, looking out windows (both of the airplane and the taxi), holding his feet straight up in the air, and the coolest: while lying on his back, he can now push his feet down on the ground and roll right over! That was interesting, trying to contain my rolling baby in the airport terminal... :)
I have to say, I've always been extremely impressed with Avi. (Don't tell me I'm biased?!) But now, I'm even more so! He really did smile and sleep his way through a terrible day, and all in all- he handled the stress better than I did! What a lucky mom I am!
1 comment:
It sucks that you're not here!!! Today it's snowing here in Syracuse and you're missing it. Avi is such a cutie and growing so fast. I can't wait to see him, hopefully soon!
Post a Comment